Privacy Lead - Europe & Africa
Role: Privacy Lead - Europe & Africa (Permanent)
Reporting to: Deputy CFO - Europe & Africa
Hours: 9am-6pm (40 hours/week)
Salary: £50,000-£60,000 DoE + benefits
BCW is one of the world's largest full-service global communications agencies. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world leader in communications services. For more information visit www.bcw-global.com
We are looking for a Privacy Lead who will be based in the Europe HQ team in London reporting to the Deputy CFO. The role will cover Privacy and GDPR matters across 15 countries in Europe as well as addressing global GDPR issues as they arise.
- You will be responsible for ensuring full GDPR compliance across all EU offices plus global offices that are in scope.
- You will be the initial “go to” person for all Privacy queries to ensure that these are dealt with, with the most appropriate response.
- As Privacy Lead, you will take the lead on ensuring that our business continues to work within its Privacy obligations, both internally and when engaging externally with clients.
- You will be working with our Business Process Owners and Asset Owners to ensure our records of personal data processing, are captured and documented, within our central GDPR Compliance Tool.
- You will be driving the remediation of any GDPR compliance risks that are identified by the offices or through your reviews, and work with the business teams to ensure the correct outcomes are achieved.
- You will be working with Client project teams to help identify any privacy considerations and escalate where appropriate.
- You will identify and remediate all vendor queries and requests about Privacy and escalate any issues to HQ and WPP where necessary.
- You will provide help in managing DSARs or Breach situations and ensure these are escalated diligently to HQ and WPP. You will be responsible for ensuring all offices are educated on the management of DSAR’s and keeping them up to date with best practice.
- A good solid background in Privacy and GDPR.
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Previous experience of managing data protection issues in the media or technology sectors is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communications skills. The candidate must be comfortable communicating directly with senior management and other senior stakeholders.
- Someone who is diligent and investigative, constantly seeking to keep abreast of what is happening in the business, and what’s happening in the wider privacy community.
We’re looking for the absolute best to join our team, you will be tenacious, hardworking and a great team player. In reward you will get to be part of an inspirational team and enjoy industry-leading benefits in a business recently voted by PR Week as one of the three Best Large Agencies to Work For in the UK.