Freelance Influencer Marketing Specialist
Initially a 2 month contract, working 5 days/week onsite from our Euston based office.
BCW is one of the world’s largest, full-service, global communications agencies with deep expertise in digital and integrated communications, across all industry sectors. The firm is a result of the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe in February 2018 and has expertise in providing digitally-driven and integrated communications across consumer, public affairs, corporate and crisis management, technology, healthcare and research.
BCW has a network of more than 4,000 employees, across 42 countries, and the London office is second largest in the group.
We are a thriving and hard-working team and we pride ourselves on our supportive culture. We like to be challenged, to learn new things and to constantly develop ourselves. We enjoy bringing different people into our team and celebrate our diversity – one size never fits all and a big part of our success is down to the breadth of skills that we offer.
The Job in Brief
An opportunity has arisen for an Influencer Specialist to support BCW’s influencer marketing efforts in the UK. This is a specialist role within BCW’s London Hub team - which encompasses digital, creative and strategy specialisms – designed to deliver innovative, integrated programmes across all practices - consumer, public affairs, corporate and crisis management, technology and healthcare.
Influencer engagement is one of BCW’s core offerings and uses a proprietary framework and methodology around identification and evaluation. The chosen candidate will be involved in helping account teams upsell and activate influencer campaigns. While experience with influencer marketing is key, a critical component of the role relates to strategy formulation and demonstrating ROI for clients as an antithesis of a ‘cookie cutter’ approach.
We are looking for a candidate who demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and is a digital influencer evangelist with their finger on the pulse of the most impactful campaigns and best practices. In parallel, they will require the passion and empathy to be at the forefront of the agency’s on-going digital transformation, supporting colleagues and clients alike who are taking their first steps into the influencer space.
- Internal upskilling of BCW’s influencer approach and ensuring effective roll out by managing teams across the various practices
- Support account teams in upselling influencer programmes to clients by offering bespoke, highly strategic counsel and supporting with influencer identification
- Act as key driver and champion of influencer activity by ensuring processes are in place for consolidation and streamlining of efforts across the various practices
- Strategic vision, able to demonstrate experience of decoding complicated briefs and translating into digitally driven ideas and delivery
- Cultural curiosity, with a deep and abiding interest in the patterns and trends that are shaping local culture and appreciation for what that means for BCW, clients, brands and consumers
- Digital and social media integration, must be able to take on non-influencer briefs (relating to social/ digital strategy) as and when required
- Proactive and someone who jumps in to do what needs to be done and works as part of a team
- Account profitability experience of how to maintain account profitability through effective team service levels, time analysis and direct cost recovery
- Contributor within pitch team(s) as needed – working with the pitch leader: both at strategic and project management level
- Developing influencer engagement strategy and presenting to capitalise on new business opportunities
- Decisive but diplomatic
- Able to get the best from different types of people
- Confident, approachable and knowledgeable, inspiring confidence in others
- Commercially aware, with an ability to capitalise on business opportunities
- Experience of leading and building effective teams
Key Experience/ Skills
- Marketing/PR industry experience as a digital account handler, with fully rounded skills and extensive experience in an agency environment
- Brand strategy communications and social media experience
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent level of education
- Social Media listening tools, including Sysomos, Brandwatch, Talkwalker as well as Influencer management tools
- Proven strong project management skills and experience (budget, scope, time, risk & quality management) across large accounts and projects
- Proven understanding of how to work with digital influencers to build ongoing relationships, generate buzz, and increase client share-of-voice
- Experience with multi market programmes where consistency in influencer approach is preferable
- At least two years’ experience in influencer marketing
- Fluent English