Account Director - Media Relations
BCW is one of the world's largest full-service global communications agencies. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world's leader in communications services. For more information visit www.bcw-global.com.
BCW’s Issues and Public Affairs (IPA) team is looking for a corporate affairs and media relations expert to join our challenging and fast-paced London office.
The team specialises in delivering communications when the stakes are highest, whether that is for big brands managing issues, international affairs clients navigating global events or delivering creative integrated campaigns that define reputations.
Applicants will need to be able to apply communication, crisis and media skills across sectors and adapt quickly to those they’re less familiar with. Client sectors for this role include: education, international affairs, transport and professional services. The team also delivers crisis preparedness and management, as well as communications training, for some of the world’s largest brands and companies.
Ideal candidates will be team players looking to take responsibility, own their projects and deliver with creativity.
We are looking for someone who is a communications all-rounder who:
- Can understand, influence and promote a company or organisation’s reputation, or change perceptions of an issue, through integrated and creative campaigns with multiple workstreams including media relations, stakeholder engagement, issues management and digital comms.
- Is experienced at delivering crisis preparedness and management
- Is able to deliver projects and campaign end-to-end with guidance and counsel from Director or Senior Directors, and supported by our very talent junior team
- Can develop strong relationships with clients, align our work to their business plan and proactively drive campaigns on their behalf
- Be the lead developer of key materials for clients such as crisis plans, messaging, positioning and Q&A documents as well as acting as chief reviewer of materials for junior team members
- Lead new business activities and pitches
- Maintains a network of media, stakeholder and influencer contacts
- Work efficiently managing multiple clients while also progressing new business and team initiatives
- Has a strong business acumen with the ability to identify cross selling opportunities, products and offers the team can develop, and deliver projects on-budget
- Candidates should be adept at delivering channel neutral campaigns across earned and owned platforms.
- A flair for inspiring and developing high performing account teams
- Experience from PR / communication consultancy/agency is a must
- Prepared to travel and work with our extensive network of international offices
Our IPA team is a lively group of creative and diverse people, that deliver award-winning work and are passionate about what we do.
BCW is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all backgrounds. At BCW, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce enables our agency to thrive and deliver brilliant work. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or citizenship status.