BCW is one of the world’s largest full-service global communications agencies. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data driven creative integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world's leader in communications services.
Reputation Risk & Crisis is a specialist area at the heart of BCW’s business. We advise clients local, regional and global clients on how to anticipate, plan for, and manage issues and crises that threaten their reputation. The growing UK crisis team leads a range of clients, advising at a senior level and developing and executing reputation protection programmes. Our clients come from a range of sectors, with diverse challenges and opportunities. We pride ourselves on our long-term, senior level, trusted relationships with our diverse client base.
The Reputation Risk & Crisis Associate Director is a critical and senior part of this growing team, they will be pivotal to a number of existing client relationships, and will help to bring in new business and grow it.
You should be a fully rounded PR operator with a particular strength in crisis communications, who has a thorough understanding of all elements of communications, marketing and the media, and be capable of driving and growing existing business within the context and plans of the agency. Your role should be to develop strategies and activities for clients and oversee their execution, quality controlling all aspects of the clients’ programmes and relationships with the agency.
As an Associate Director, you should also take a leading role in developing and winning new business, from the initial approach and research stage, through to development of strategic plans and creative proposals, and leading pitch teams as and when required.
- Strategic Communications and Counsel - The Associate Director is a source of trusted strategic advice for our clients and is responsible for ensuring that we are stretching the value we bring into new areas which reflect our way of working, to at all times surprise and delight clients.
- Strong Crisis Communications skills – The Associate Director will be able to advise clients on crisis planning and mitigation, and reputational risk management, and will be the first port of call in a client crisis and needs to react in a consistently professional capacity, aligning response with crisis strategy.
- Portfolio Management and Profitability - Responsible for ensuring client portfolios are managed in line with revenue and structural expectations and meet profitability targets and other appropriate KPIs.
- Advanced copywriting – The Associate Director will act as a copywriting expert, able to effectively communicate with any given audience and be able to demonstrate and upskill more junior staff.
- Client Relationship Management- Strategic client relationship management results in client retention and growth. Client retention targets are proactively and strategically managed.
We’re looking for the absolute best to join our team, you will be tenacious, hardworking and a great team player. In reward you will get to be part of an inspirational team and enjoy industry-leading benefits in a business recently voted by the Sabres/Holmes Report as UK Agency of the Year 2018.