Associate Director - Corporate Communications
Our highly successful corporate team is looking to grow their team due to an influx of new business wins starting with a ambitious and driven Associate Director. This AsD will be working predominantly with one large client within the industrial sector with a focus on sustainability, the role will involve multiple different work streams and a range of stakeholders to manage. This role is likely to suit someone from a strong agency corporate comms background who is comfortable working with industrial/manufacturing clients and has a strong network of media relations.
You could be an established Associate Director looking for a new and meatier challenge, or an ambitious and experienced Account Director looking to take the next step up.
As an Associate Director you will oversee an account group and are responsible for the efficient and profitable running of all client business and team members within your group. You should be a fully rounded skilled operator, who has a thorough understanding of all elements of PR, communications, marketing and the media, and be capable of driving and growing existing business within the context and plans of the agency. Your role should be to develop strategies and activities for clients and oversee their execution, quality controlling all aspects of the clients’ programmes and relationships with the agency.
As an Associate Director, you should also take an active role in developing and winning new business, from the initial approach and research stage, through to development of strategic plans and creative proposals, and leading pitch teams as and when required. You will also often be involved, as a member of the leadership team, supporting the Directors and MDs in the running and development of the agency, implementing time and staff management, financial/profitability and business plans as required.
- Strategic Communications and Counsel - The Associate Director is seen as the primary source of trusted strategic advice by the client and is responsible for ensuring that we are stretching the value we bring into new areas which reflect our open source ethos and way of working at all times to surprise and delight clients.
- Portfolio Management and Profitability- Client portfolios are managed in line with revenue and structural expectations and meet profitability targets and other appropriate KPIs.
- Digital Media- Serve as an ambassador of digital media at Cohn & Wolfe. Strategically apply digital media tools to achieve client objectives and be able to provide solid first round digital strategy to clients, sourcing the right input from specialists as required.
- Networking & New Business- New revenue streams are proactively identified through existing and new business opportunities and a proactive role is taken in developing and delivering responses to new business opportunities.
- Client Relationship Management- Strategic client relationship management that results in client retention and growth.
- Agency Role Model - The Associate Director actively and regularly represents the company at internal and external forums.
- Sector Specialisation & Knowledge- Sector specialisation attracts and retains blue chip brands.
- Quality Standards- A champion for attaining the highest possible professional standards.
- People & Team Development- Appropriate time is invested in the development of team members, coaching and mentoring them to become high performing individuals.
BCW is one of the world's largest full-service global communications agencies. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world's leader in communications services.