Associate Director - Corporate Communications
BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe) is looking for a Senior Account Director or Associate Director to join our exceptional and award-winning Corporate Affairs team.
Our Corporate Affairs practice has an excellent range of high-profile clients spanning many sectors including financial services, education, food and drink, tourism and property.
We are not your traditional corporate team. We provide strategic corporate solutions for our clients, yet we also pride ourselves on the creativity which lies at the heart of all our campaigns. Our team is made up of talented, curious and entrepreneurial people and our culture is fast-paced, vibrant and meritocratic, where people can go as far as they can, as quickly as they would like to.
We are a thriving and hard-working team and we pride ourselves on our supportive culture. We like to be challenged, to learn new things and to constantly develop ourselves. We enjoy bringing different people into our team and celebrate our diversity – one size never fits all, and a big part of our success is down to the breadth of skills that we offer.
We love welcoming people into the practice and working with them to grow their skills through varied experience. Crucially, we value niceness as much as we do talent
You have worked in an agency or in-house and have run corporate reputation and business-to-business communications campaigns both nationally and globally. You enjoy providing strategic counsel on complex and high profile issues to senior clients. In addition to crisis and issues experience, you have excellent media relations skills and digital and social capabilities. You also have experience of leading new business with support from senior colleagues.
You have led teams and are adept at developing, motivating and inspiring junior colleagues. You are passionate about how corporate reputations are built and protected. You may have worked in a role either within an in-house communications team, or in an agency environment with a focus on public affairs, corporate and B2B media relations and an understanding of stakeholder influence. You are confident with a proven track-record of providing strategic counsel on complex/high profile issues and are adept at spotting industry issues and understanding their business and reputational implications for your client.
You write well and know how to inform and influence target audiences - including clients - both directly and through new and traditional media. You also have people and project management experience and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines. You should also have an interest and understanding in the current affairs and the wider political, societal and cultural landscape.
We look for people to embody our values and the behaviours we associate with them; united, open, brave and true. In practice, this means we work together and support each other, we are open to new ideas and ways of working, we encourage each other take risks and we are always true to our passions and beliefs.
If this sounds like the kind of team that you would like to be part of then we’d love to meet you.
- Strategic Communications and Counsel - The Associate Director is seen as the primary source of trusted strategic advice by the client and is responsible for ensuring that we are stretching the value we bring into new areas which reflect our open source ethos and way of working at all times to surprise and delight clients.
- Portfolio Management and Profitability- Client portfolios are managed in line with revenue and structural expectations and meet profitability targets and other appropriate KPIs.
- Digital Media- Serve as an ambassador of digital media at BCW. Strategically apply digital media tools to achieve client objectives and be able to provide solid first round digital strategy to clients, sourcing the right input from specialists as required.
- Networking & New Business- New revenue streams are proactively identified through existing and new business opportunities and a proactive role is taken in developing and delivering responses to new business opportunities.
- Client Relationship Management- Strategic client relationship management that results in client retention and growth.
- Agency Role Model - The Associate Director actively and regularly represents the company at internal and external forums.
- Sector Specialisation & Knowledge- Sector specialisation attracts and retains blue chip brands.
- Quality Standards- A champion for attaining the highest possible professional standards.
- People & Team Development- Appropriate time is invested in the development of team members, coaching and mentoring them to become high performing individuals.
BCW is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all backgrounds. At BCW, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce enables our agency to thrive and deliver brilliant work. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or citizenship status.
BCW is one of the world's largest full-service global communications agencies. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world's leader in communications services.