Sports videogames Community Manager
The Community Manager is assigned to one of our clients (videogames sector) and is a highly visible and crucial communications role that connects our client's global game teams with the player communities through daily content and engagement.
A successful CM for this role will be able to leverage game expertise and content planning to drive player relationships, engagement, and overall service retention. This important role will partner closely with our international and local teams to ensure a consistent, high quality user experience inside and outside of our client's games.
The CM has the following primary responsibilities:
- Develop a global community and influencer plan for the franchise, work with international and local team for campaign activations.
- Oversee the moderation of official channels such as the forums, social media, and/or websites.
- Be the voice of the community, maintain a tight two-way dialogue between players, partners and influencers.
- Manage communications around games and live service issues: Bugs, Cheats, Outages, Support Issues.
- Build close relationships between our client and top influencers, elite fans, and users. Maintain a positive community reputation.
- Utilize the game’s brand voice and maintain its accurate implementation and usage across community channels.
- Plan and schedule community activities and influencer events, both in-game and out of game. Support our client´s local and international industry events.
- Partner with analytics and data teams, to monitor channel engagement and optimize community performance.
- Conduct surveys, research, and feedback from the community on issues significantly impacting the experience.
- Coordinate and share with other client's Community Managers on engagement best practices, standards, and innovations.
- Passion and Experience playing sports videogames.
- 1-3 years’ experience working in online communities, social media, journalism, online marketing, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated writing, grammar, and content-creation skills.
- Strong knowledge of best practices for operating social channels (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, etc).
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to present new ideas effectively.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented team player and quality driven.
- Ability to objectively interpret customer/community feedback and make actionable recommendations.
- Solid understanding of Live Service operations and Development.
- Webmastering, Photoshop, Video creation, Significant Licensor, Live Service, or Operations experience also a plus.
- Fluent English with excellent spoken and written skills.
- Bachelor Degree in Communications or Marketing or equivalent work experience.