Director Sustainability EU Public Affairs (Advocacy and Communications)
BCW Brussels is hiring a Director to support their Sustainability EU Public Affairs practice. We are seeking a professional with over 8 years of experience to provide advocacy and communications support to clients with complex regulatory challenges.
- Design and implement strategic pan-European campaigns on EU policy issues related to sustainability issues, particularly chemicals and circular economy
- Direct and support client advocacy
- Provide international clients with a pan European service
- Demonstrate performance in growing clients organically
- Manage financial aspects of client accounts
- Lead on new business development responding to requests for proposals and leading pitches
- Empower team members with the knowledge and skills to become the go-to advisors on sustainability in Brussels
- Take ownership and actively engage in team member development
- Contribute to overall objectives of BCW in Brussels and regionally
Competencies & Skills
- Experience (8 years) in a consultancy is essential. Experience in trade associations, a corporate role, or EU institution is an asset
- Expertise across EU policy issues, with a strong focus on sustainability issues, notably chemicals and circular economy
- Detailed knowledge of EU and international chemicals policy, notably classification and labelling, REACH, UN Conventions
- Excellent social skills and team spirit, with a hands-on and solution driven work mentality
- Established network in Brussels with relevant policymakers, business leaders and influencers
- Engage in productive exchanges with BCW colleagues to promote knowledge sharing and business opportunities
- Track record of campaign development and successfully influencing policy
- Proven experience in new business development
- Masters the detail of complex issues, providing strategic advice on challenging and novel topics
- Good leadership, people, client and project management skills
- Excellent skills, knowledge and experience in digital communication
- Excellent spoken and written English, other European languages are also an important asset
BCW is one of the world's largest full-service global communications agencies. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world's leader in communications services. For more information visit www.bcw-global.com.
You will find a collegiate and collaborative environment at BCW Brussels. We fill our offices with diverse and talented people who are happy to come to work and driven to deliver innovative solutions to our celebrated client roster. We offer unmatched depth and breadth of capabilities and industry strengths, matched by cutting-edge tools. By leading the industry in thought and innovation, we create value for our shareholders and exciting new growth opportunities for our people and our company.
Our campaigns are increasingly digital, social and creative, making the most of our global network to produce global impact. While clients are mostly private companies and organisations, governments and institutions regularly seek our counsel as well.
If you would like to discuss the role before applying, please contact Roland Moore, Team Leader for the Sustainability Practice on [email protected] or 0032 490 650 442