Assistant Accountant (Revenue)
BCW is one of the world's largest full-service global communications agencies. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world leader in communications services. For more information visit www.bcw-global.com.
We are looking for someone who is hardworking, happy to use their initiative, is proactively looking for new and better ways of doing things and is a great team player both within the finance department and the wider business.
We will offer a competitive salary with some fantastic benefits and excellent opportunities to learn and develop.
Key accountabilities of the role
- Assist Commercial Accountant with the revenue recognition process for business practices within the agency
- Complete mid-month and month-end process in accordance with SOX requirements including preparing project journals and general journals and seeking appropriate approvals when required.
- Run time reports/ managing time and cost reallocations to maintain accurate revenue recognition.
- Review client budgets before being sent to the client.
- Maintain ongoing record of approved and forecasted client budgets in internal revenue forecast fee phaser based on accurate account from consultants.
- Raise ad hoc invoices and credit notes
- Follow process on setup and approval of new clients / products / jobs in the finance systems
- Maintain accurate Client, Project & job information in finance system
- Assist with the completion of Revenue reporting as and when required included yet not limited to month end revenue report for cartesis.
- Assist with WIP management for business practices
- Assisting the Commercial Accountant with ad-hoc queries
- Assist consultants with client finance, excel and finance systems issues
- Assist with set up new vendors on the system
- Compliance with Sarbanes Oxley for all other finance requirements.
Essential skills and competencies
- Organised and able to work to tight deadlines
- Willing to go above and beyond to satisfy business needs
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow through on a problem until fully resolved
- Good Excel skills
- Good interpersonal and social skills
- Previous experience in a revenue position
- Previous experience within the media industry
- Experience of SOX procedures
- Experience of Maconomy
We’re looking for the absolute best to join our team, you will be tenacious, hardworking and a great team player. In reward you will get to be part of an inspirational team and enjoy industry-leading benefits in a business recently voted by PR Week as one of the three Best Large Agencies to Work For in the UK.