Internship - EU Public Affairs - Sustainability Practice
Burson Cohn & Wolfe (formerly Burson-Marsteller), a leading global public affairs and communications consultancy, is offering a 6-month paid internship to support our sustainability practice in our Brussels Office with a starting date of September 2019
- Research & monitoring policy developments on sustainability issues at EU, national and international levels
- Support client work, including
- implementation of communication and advocacy programmes
- Drafting reports and briefings
- Organising events and conferences
- Contribute to new business proposals
Competencies & Skills
- Knowledge and a keen interest in EU policy and decision-making processes, with a focus on environment and/or energy issues, including chemicals, circular economy, sustainability, …
- Previous public affairs experience in an EU institution, regulatory organisation, trade association, advocacy organisation (NGO), company or consultancy is desirable (but not essential).
- Further education in a relevant field, such as EU or international politics, law, environmental policy, etc.
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Familiarity with digital and social campaigns is an advantage
- Critical thinking with a desire to learn in a fast-paced and international environment
- Excellent spoken and written English - German speaking would be an asset
Starting date - September 2019
Application deadline - 31st August 2019
BCW is one of the world's largest full-service global communications agencies. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world's leader in communications services. For more information visit www.bcw-global.com.
You will find a collegiate and collaborative environment at BCW Brussels. Our colleagues are diverse and talented people who are happy to come to work and driven to deliver innovative solutions to our celebrated client roster. We offer unmatched depth and breadth of capabilities and industry strengths, matched by cutting-edge tools. By leading the industry in thought and innovation, we create value for our shareholders and exciting new growth opportunities for our people and our company.
Our campaigns are increasingly digital, social and creative, making the most of our global network to produce a global impact. While clients are mostly private companies and organisations, governments and institutions regularly seek our counsel as well.