Account Director - Technology
We’re looking for smart, eager and inquisitive communications professionals that have an interest in technology, both from the B2B and consumer side, and the difference it can make. You will be passionate about what you do and eager to learn and improve all your skills. The ideal candidate will have some experience at media relations and writing, as well as the ability to pick up the phone and be equally comfortable speaking to journalists or clients. Most important, though, is a positive, can-do attitude.
Based in Midtown, between Holborn and Euston, you’ll be joining the tech division of one of the world’s most recognised, multi-award winning communications agencies. You will get an opportunity to work with brands that cover mobile, business enterprise, fintech, e-commerce, AI, and more - whilst learning from some of the most experienced communications professionals in the industry. Plus, with offices across the globe, you’ll get the chance to be involved in truly global work, working with our sister agencies across Europe and beyond.
As well as a great salary, other benefits include numerous online discounts (from gym membership, cinema tickets to high street shopping), daily breakfasts, drinks on Fridays, investment in personal development and more. We value work / life balance here and as a result, most of the team have been here for many years. Retention is important – we want you to learn and grow and become the future star of the business.
As an Account Director, you will build upon your current, comprehensive knowledge of the UK and global key sector environments, including the latest industry developments. You will develop your leadership skills through always taking a front foot with your account teams, ensuring delivery of integrated communications programmes to an extremely high level.
Under the guidance of the senior team, you will have a hands-on approach in managing client relationships and delivering strategic and well-thought-out communications programmes that are based on expert industry specific knowledge.
You will also take a proactive role in new business development and the growth of the agency.
Key Skills and Accountabilities
- Campaign Planning & Management- Creative and innovative communication strategies fully reflecting 'real' client objectives, the needs of the diverse stakeholder set and surround sound environmental situation are developed, clearly documented in communications plans and executed to the highest quality.
- Client Relationships- Trusted day to day client partner across the whole account while also establishing and strengthening relationships within client organisations with members of the communications, marketing, sales and other primary members of the internal communications departments.
- Quality Standards- A champion for attaining the highest possible professional standards.
- People & Team Development- Appropriate time and resource is invested in the development of team members, coaching and mentoring them to become high performing individuals.
- Digital Media- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the digital media landscape. Digital media strategies and tools are baked into client programs and able to be discussed and sold in effectively.
- Commercial Awareness- Account profitability is maintained through effective team service levels, carry out time analysis and direct cost recovery. Demonstrate a strong understanding of the capacity planning, forecasting, OOPs tracking and monthly billing cycles on client accounts and use knowledge to help maintain profitability
- Networking- Ambassador for the agency. Networks of valuable contacts outside of the media are established and nurtured for leverage with clients and for business development purposes.
- Line Management - Effective line management motivates, supports and develops team members to deliver client results.
- Agency Development - Contribution is made to the day-to-day management of the business through representation on the appropriate teams and forums.