Internship - Public Affairs - Technology, Competition and Foreign Affairs
Burson Cohn & Wolfe (formerly Burson-Marsteller), an award-winning public affairs and communications consultancy, is offering a 6-month paid internship within our Government Relations practice.
- Monitoring and research on EU policy developments on behalf of clients as well as for new business purposes
- Writing reports and preparing briefings
- Mapping relevant stakeholders
- Draft content for digital and social campaigns
- Assisting in event and conferences organisation and attending them in a professional capacity
- Attending team meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Involvement in client work and participation in client interface
Competencies & Skills
- Have an interest in and a sound understanding of the EU policy and decision-making processes - Prior exposure or experience to relevant policies and EU institutions would be an asset (Eg in another consultancy, a trade association, NGO or in-house advocacy)
- Background in European studies, International Relations or another relevant field of study
- Strong research abilities and analytical skills
- Excellent communications skills in English - both spoken and written
- Experience with digital and social campaigns and tools
- Critical thinking with a desire and ability to learn within a fast-paced team environment
- Eagerness to work in a super international (and fun) team
- Proactivity and resourcefulness are highly desirable
Starting date: June 2019
Apply by: 30 June 2019
BCW is one of the world's largest full-service global communications agencies. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), the world's leader in communications services. For more information visit www.bcw-global.com.
You will find a collegiate and collaborative environment at BCW Brussels. Our colleagues are diverse and talented people who are happy to come to work and driven to deliver innovative solutions to our celebrated client roster. We offer unmatched depth and breadth of capabilities and industry strengths, matched by cutting-edge tools. By leading the industry in thought and innovation, we create value for our shareholders and exciting new growth opportunities for our people and our company.
Our campaigns are increasingly digital, social and creative, making the most of our global network to produce a global impact. While clients are mostly private companies and organisations, governments and institutions regularly seek our counsel as well.